Type Rating T/R(H)
• Elementary course for the corresponding helicopter type (i.e. limitation, flight performance, safety procedures, mass and balance)
• Internal theoretical examination
• For a type rating from one helicopter type to another (i.e. turbine → piston or piston → turbine) according to air law you’ll need a minimum of 5 hours
• For a second entry of the same propulsion type you’ll need a minimum of 2 hours
• Skill test with a FOCA expert
The type rating is valid for one year and can be renewed 3 months before the expiry.